All hail Macbeth

on
Monday 28 September 2015
I'd be lying if I said my job didn't come with some perks. Earlier this year, I got to attend the opening gala of the Edinburgh International Film Festival and yesterday I walked down the red carpet at the premiere of Macbeth at the Festival Theatre.

We ended with great seats in the middle of the dress circle just 6 rows behind Mr Michael Fassbender. Since I was sitting on the aisle, he walked right past me on his way to and from his seat. While no one seems to believe me, I'm pretty sure he caught my eye when he was on his way out at the end of the film. 

I never studied Macbeth at school, so the story is one I'm not as familiar with as other people, even if I do know what it's all about. Aside from Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard giving incredible performances, the film was just beautifully shot on Skye and looked amazing.

The after party was held in the National Museum of Scotland which is one of my favourite buildings in Edinburgh. They had music, whisky cocktails and food which looked great, but wasn't vegan friendly so I was pretty starving when we left for some post  after party drinks in Paradise Palms.

The film opens in cinemas this Friday, so you definitely check it out if you get a chance. 





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment