Bye Bye Fringe

on
Thursday 28 August 2014

So that's the Fringe over with for another year. It ended on a high because I got to meet BJ Novak aka Ryan The Temp from The Office. His show was fantastic, and it was pretty surreal to actually be in the same room as someone who is in a show you're completely obsessed with. After it, he did a signing and was just as lovely as I hoped he would be. He asked where I worked and thanked me for coming along and then went on to meet the hundreds of other people queuing up to meet him.

The actual Fringe ended on Monday with the annual Stand wrap party. I was really close to turning round on the way there and going home, but being a grown up I decided to listen to everyone who seemed to be looking forward to me being there. The party had moments of being really great, but also had moments of being awkward and horrible at all once. Once we left the main crux of people and headed to a couple of bars via a flat to refuel on vodka, the night got a lot better. I tend to feel a lot more comfortable around smaller groups of people I know, rather than huge groups of people I don't. Even though a surprising number of people I'd never met came up to me to say they liked what I was wearing, I'm still too socially anxious for those situations. The night ended in the best possible way it could, so I guess I did make the right decision to go after all. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment