My 28th Birthday!

on
Sunday 11 January 2015
 So... I'm officially in my late 20s.

I wouldn't say I'm 100% happy about being 28, but there's not really much I can do about it. I guess when I was younger, I thought I'd be in a different place by the time I was this age. 

My birthday was pretty normal as far as turning a year older goes. I obviously took the day off because no one enjoys working on their birthday, even if you love your job. So I went round to my parents' house and had a family lunch with them.


My family completely spoiled me with presents. I had asked for a laptop as my main present, so I really wasn't expecting them to get me anything else. I got some kitchen things that I'd been after for a while, some Alice in Wonderland related gifts, and some Cath Kidson goodies. My brother also bought me a soft toy owl that I fell in love with in Harrods last month.


My mum also made me one of the best vegan cakes I've ever tasted. It's a Ms Cupcake blueberry lemon loaf cake with a maple cinnamon glaze. We also made some Apple Fritters from the same Ms Cupcake book, and they turned out to be one the most delicious things I've ever eaten. 

I spent the rest of my birthday drinking too many cocktails with one of my best friends. The problem with a January birthday is people always pull out because they don't have any money. This year was made worse because the weather cancelled lots of trains into Edinburgh. In the end, it just seemed easier to cancel the whole thing and have a girly night in watching cheesy TV and drinking all the vodka in my house.

Now it's time for the Moyes family to get ready for another birthday as my little brother is turning 18 in just two days time. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment