cinnamon spiced oats

on
Sunday 4 January 2015


"Why would anyone eat anything besides breakfast food?" Leslie Knope

Leslie Knope has never said anything I've agreed with more. I'd happily eat breakfast food for every meal of the day.  

Since it's so cold outside, a giant bowl of cinnamon oats has become my favourite breakfast lately. The best bit about the way I make them is that they can soak while I'm waking myself up in the shower. Then it only takes 5 minutes to warm up on the hob. 

 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if possible)
2/3 cup of boiling water
1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I prefer coconut, but anything will work)
1 teaspoon cinnamon 

Toppings: frozen blueberries, raspberries, banana, agave syrup, cinnamon and anything else you fancy.

1. In a small pot mix the oats and boiling water and leave with the lid on for 10 minutes
2. Add the milk and cinnamon, and mix over medium heat for 5 minutes
3. Add whatever toppings you like
4. Enjoy 

4 comments on "cinnamon spiced oats"
  1. I love the sound of these! You're clever leaving them to soak whilst you're in the shower. I need to start leaving myself more time in the mornings! My breakfast is usually a piece of toast as I'm running out of the door! Lucy, www.aspectatorsport.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it helps me have a decent breakfast, if I half prepare it while I'm in the shower. It means it only takes a few minutes to make once I get out. x

      Delete
  2. MMM this looks delicious. I too am obsessed with cinnamon oats in the morning. Usually top mine with bananas :) I've got some delicious healthy recipes over on my blog if you're a fitness fiend like me :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Sorry for the delay in replying, but I've only just seen your comment. I'm going to go and have a look at your blog now. xx

      Delete