Blogmas Day 8: Vegfest Scotland Haul

on
Tuesday 8 December 2015

1. Missy Vegan Cupcakes - I've picked up lots of different cakes from Missy Vegan Cupcakes at various markets and shows, but this was the first time I've had a chance to buy their brownies. I went for the traditional chocolate brownie and a sweet potato blondie, and both tasted really, really good. If you didn't know any better, then you'd never have guessed they were vegan. 

2. Juice Warrior - The best news to come out of Vegfest Scotland was that Juice Warrior is looking for premises in Edinburgh. If you haven't tried juice from Juice Warrior then you're seriously missing out. They make the best cold-pressed juices, and the Pink Russian is one of my favourites. 

3. Ten Acre - If there's one thing I miss now that I'm vegan it's cheese and onion crisps, and Ten Acre is the only company I've found so far that makes a kind I can eat. I just wish I had bought more than one bag because I've still never found any on sale in any shops up here. 

4. Considerit -  Not only did Considerit have salted caramel ice cream at Vegfest, but they also had a big stock of their chocolate bars which meant i got to try the sea salt caramel one for the first time. It might sound like an exaggeration, but it was hands down the best vegan chocolate bar I've ever eaten.

5. Almighty Foods - I hadn't tried anything by Almighty Foods until Vegfest, but their Mindful Mylk chocolate is so creamy that it tasted just like normal milk chocolate, and fills the space left behind my the fact I can no longer eat Cadbury's chocolate. 

6. Ananda Foods  - I'd be the first to admit I was never a giant fan of wagon wheels before, but Ananda's make a gourmet one tastes more like a mini cake than a wagon wheel. They also had a deal on marshmallows so I picked up of those to try too. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment