Eating Out - Vegan Platter

on
Friday 23 September 2016

You know vegan food is becoming more popular when there's a bar just five minutes from your home that has its own vegan platter on the menu.

Leith Depot is a restaurant and bar with a live music venue upstairs, and this is their vegan platter (excuse the photo but the light inside wasn't too bright).

The platter has stuffed vine leaves, mixed olives, smoked tomato hummus, sweet potato wedges (they were more like fries), beer battered pickles, vegan cheese on toast, chimmi churri pesto, bourbon bloody mary ketchup, olive oil and balsamic. It was also came with some extra bread and crackers.

Overall, the platter was delicious and more than enough for two people. I don't really like olives or pickles, so my friend enjoyed them while I ate my way through the vines leaves and sweet potatoes. I also cannot explain how excited I am to see vegan cheese on toast on a menu. I have a feeling I'm going to end in Leith Depot a lot especially since you can order it on its own too.

The only downside is the kitchen gets busy easily so you can't always order food straight away. The first time I tried to get food, I was told there was a 30 minute wait before I could even order anything so we ended up eating elsewhere. Then when I was in having the platter, we had another 15 minute wait before we could order even though the place wasn't too busy.

It's definitely worth a visit if you're in Edinburgh and it's not far from the town centre. Just make sure you leave enough time in case there's a wait for food.

Follow Leith Depot on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment