Munro Bagging | Ben Lomond

on
Sunday 6 November 2016

It feels like it's been ages since I did some hillwalking, but I got out this weekend to bag my 7th Munro.

I wasn't exactly feeling the walk when my alarm went off at 5.45am, but after a train ride and a drive, we arrived at Ben Lomond ready to make our ascent. It was a beautifully sunny day, even though it was FREEZING cold. I'm not exaggerating when I say that my hands felt like they had frost bite more than once while we were out. We also found some ice on the walk up too, so I guess it was really, really cold!
We reached the top of Ben Lomond around 1.30pm but it was so windy that we only stayed there for a few minutes before moving down to safer ground. It was the sort of wind that could easily have blown us over, and I'm surprised that it didn't.

The walk back down seemed to last a lot longer than the way up, and there was a huge cow blocking the path at one point. Luckily he was chased off by a couple of dogs, and we were able to get back to the car park for food before taking our tired feet back home.
So that's 7 Munros down, and only 275 to go!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment