Happy Birthday Coral Fang!

on
Monday 14 October 2013
Coral Fang turned 10 today. If I’m honest, I hadn't even realised until I saw Brody Dalle post this on twitter...

I remember wanting to be just like Brody when I was growing up. I remember I REALLY wanted to be her circa City of Angels when she looked like this…

I used to go to gigs with a girl I knew from Glasgow who had her hair all spiked up just like Brody. I would never have been confident enough to do that to mine, so instead I go my lip pierced. I figured that was the next best thing, even if it hurt like hell. I was also going through a Tom Delonge phase so I’m sure that had something to do with it too.
These days it seems like there’s a lot more women to look up to in music whether it be Hayley Williams, Florence Welch, the girls from Eisley or Mariel Loveland from Candy Hearts. Even mainstream pop music has more diverse people to look up to with the likes of Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Taylor Swift pushing the boundaries of the music they make, but also what clothes they are wearing. I mean, I’ll never agree with the meat dress Lady Gaga wore but it’s certainly different from the plain jane looking pop stars that were around when I was younger.
 So tonight is very much a Brody Dalle appreciation night with Coral Fang playing on repeat VERY LOUDLY.
 The rest of today was pretty much you’re average Monday…

I decided to brave the cold weather in this River Island polka dot dress I picked up in the sales for a tenner, and team it up with my second hand Dr Martens I bought on Ebay for £50 a few weeks ago.

I painted my nails with glitter and unicorn decals from DIY Nails. Seriously, if you’ve never checked out DIY Nails before then do it NOW. They are pretty damn amazing and so easy to use.
And after work i went out to Behind The Wall for dinner with Kirsty and had this...


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment