The Vegan Life: Week 2

on
Friday 17 January 2014
Week two has been ever easier than week one was. I think I've got much more of an idea about what I need to eat, and what I can eat. The discovery that some flavours of Pringles, and even Irn Bru are vegan is definitely helping the transition, especially since Crème Eggs will be off the menu this year.

The highlight of the past week came in the form of my vegan birthday cake. My mum has always made my birthday cake (expect for one year when my brother was in hospital and she ordered me a giant box of cupcakes from London), so it was lovely that she got behind me this year and made me a cake that I could eat. You can’t see it too well in the picture, but it was a lovely chocolate cake with raspberry icing, and I did eat about 2/3 of it in the space of a day.


For part of my birthday, my parents bought me a waffle maker. I spent two weeks eating waffles in San Francisco and LA last summer, so I've been after one since I got back. And let me tell you, vegan waffles are pretty damn good. I've only made plain ones, and blueberries ones so far, but I’ll have much more chance to experiment this weekend.


I've also completely mastered the art of making an awesome breakfast. I used to be the girl who grabbed a giant cinnamon bun on the way to work, but these days my breakfast is a lot healthier. My favourite thing to eat is baked oats topped with banana, frozen blueberries, coconut, chia seeds and goji berries. 


People seem to have this idea that being vegan is unhealthy. I'm not saying it'll be something i do forever, but for now it's working out really well for me. And i bet half the food i'm eating is healthier than a lot of the stuff that others are putting in their mouths. 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment