The Vegan Life: Week 1

on
Wednesday 8 January 2014
I've been a vegetarian since i was about 12 years old, so i can't actually remember what meat tastes like. There's even some meat products I've never eaten like steak, lamb chops, or even a Big Mac. The vegan lifestyle is always something I've been intrigued by, but it's always been something I've been too scared to do. I'm the sort of person who could eat milk chocolate every single day, and still want more. My favourite times of the year involve chocolate, and i order mozzarella dippers whenever i can find them on the menu. 

Then i read Vegan Freak and realised that i need to stop making excuses as to why it won't work, and just go for it. It's been 8 days, and so far it's been pretty easy. I'm making lots of green smoothies with kale for breakfast, salads for lunch, and things like vegetable chilli for dinner. 

I was disappointed there's no vegan friendly cakes in Costa, although i wasn't exactly expecting them to a giant section especially for me. Luckily, Real Foods is just along the road from work, and today my lovely colleagues gave me all these vegan goodies as an early birthday present. 


So here's to trying the vegan lifestyle. Let's hope i can make a real go of it. 
6 comments on "The Vegan Life: Week 1"
  1. I love my chocolate and mozzarella dippers too much to do this;) I also drink a glass of milk multiple times in the day so this sounds painful to me! But well done for doing it for 8 days, it's an achievement! x

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i think it's going tot take a while for it to sink in that i'll never eat those foods again. I did make vegan waffles tonight though, so that's making it easier. x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for bringing my attention to the Real Foods website. I've just found out that I might be a coeliac and whilst i'm having tests i've been advised to go Gluten Free. Plus I've been vegetarian for nearly 10 years now and would love to transition to going vegan.

    xxx
    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad i could help, it really is such a good site/shop. There's so many vegan friendly foods there, and i'm sure there's some stuff you can try help if you decide to go vegan, and with being Gluten free for now. x

      Delete
  3. This sounds amazing! It takes so much dedication I don't eat much meat and try stick to quorn or kale but wouldn't call myself vegan but kale has more protein than meat so I highly suggest you try this you can get it fresh or dry and it also gives glowing skin ;) I will give the website a look as these sound really nice x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had some Kale at the weekend, and it was really good. I had it with some sweet potato in a salad, those two go really well together. x

      Delete