Vegan Easter Eggs

on
Friday 25 March 2016
Since Easter is just around the corner, I thought I would do a post about some of my favourite vegan chocolate to stuff your face this weekend. This Easter will be my third as a vegan, and in those few years I've noticed quite a big difference in the number of vegan eggs available to buy. There was a time when you'd only find them in health food shops, but now all the major supermarket chains are stocking dairy-free eggs. So here's some ideas if you're looking to have vegan time this Easter.

1. Considerit Chocolate - Cream Egg


There was such a big buzz online when Considerit Chocolate starting making vegan cream eggs. Not only that, but this year they also made a giant cream egg which is the equivalent to 13-14 standard eggs. I have to admit, I've already eaten quite a few of these since picking some up at The Flying Duck's Big Vegan Fete a couple of weeks ago. Then I found out Henderson's in Edinburgh was selling them too, so I may have just happened to pass by and pick up some more. If you liked the Cadbury's ones in the past, then you're going to love these.

2. Hotel Chocolat - Dark Easter Egg Sandwich


Hotel Chocolat have had some great dark chocolate eggs in the past few years, but they're also starting to introduce more quirky products into their Easter line too. Not only does it come in a sandwich box, but Hotel Chocolat even used a 3D scanner to replicate granary bread. 

3. Moo Free Chocolates - Cheeky Orange Easter Egg


One of the best things about Moo Free is that their eggs are now available in Supermarkets like Sainsbury's. The egg is infused with orange crystals and reminds me so much of Terry's Chocolate Oranges which is why I think I love it so much. If orange isn't your flavour, then they also have a plain chocolate one and a honeycomb one too.

4. Booja Booja - Fine de Champagne Easter Egg



The Booja Booja eggs are some of the most luxurious vegan Easter Eggs on the market. The eggs are hand painted in India and then filled with some of the most delicious vegan truffles you will ever taste. My personal favourite are the Fine de Champagne truffles, although I'm really keen to try the Almond and Sea Salt Caramel ones too.

5. Sainsbury's  - Freefrom White Chocolate Egg

If it's a white chocolate egg you're looking for then there's a good few on the market you can get your hands on including this one from Sainsbury's. It has a really rich and creamy texture despite the fact it's completely dairy free. It's not a huge egg, but it does some with some white chocolate buttons too.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment