on
Sunday 30 November 2014
It’s a new soundtrack I could dance to this beat, beat
Forevermore
The lights are so bright
But they never blind me, me
Welcome to New York
It’s been waiting for you
Welcome to New York
Welcome to New York
When I told my best friend I was seriously thinking about moving to Edinburgh she told me it would be my 'Welcome to New York'. And I kind of have to agree. After all, I do pretty much think every situation in my life can be summed up by a Taylor Swift song. 

Moving to Edinburgh is not something I thought I would be thinking right now, never mind actually saying out loud to people. But the more I think about it, the more I really want to do it. 
I never intended to be nearly 28 and still living in Polmont. I moved back here a few years ago because I was living in Glasgow and had just been offered a job in Edinburgh. Back then, the thought of moving to Edinburgh terrified me. If I'm honest about things, then it still does. The reason I didn't move all those years ago was because Polmont had much more appeal back then. My brother was just about to get an operation, and I really wanted to be close to home for his recovery. I'd also just had my heart broken and I just needed my family and best friend around. But a lot can change in three years. My brother is healthy and at uni now. My heart, while pretty bruised, has certainly healed from that situation. And that friend who I had known since primary school is no longer in my life. 

It just seems like the perfect time to start a new chapter. I'm going to be 28 in January and I think it's finally time to grow some balls and do something that scares me. Something that will make 2015 the best year yet. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment