The Flying Duck's Big Vegan Fete

on
Sunday 13 March 2016
This weekend, I was in Glasgow for The Flying Duck's Big Vegan Fete. The monthly event has been going for a while now, but yesterday was the first chance I was actually in Glasgow when it was on.

I've been to few different vegan events now, so I knew some of the products I wanted to purchase before I even stepped inside. And given how quickly things sold out at Leith Market last weekend, we didn't take any chances and arrived as soon as the doors opened..

First up, I discovered Shire Snax. I'd seen them on Twitter before, but never tasted any of the raw fruit and nut bars they make. We tried all the samples they had, but our favourites were Jaffa (The Hutt), Boggy-Sunshine and The Aloha. I'm trying to add a lot more raw food to my diet at the moment, so I'll definitely be buying more of these in the future.


We made our way through into another room where Considerit Chocolate had a stall. I've been buying their chocolate bars at various events for a while, but it was the vegan cream eggs I was desperate to try. They taste better than the Cadbury's ones I grew up eating, and they've eaten made a giant one which I'm hoping someone will buy me for Easter.


The other stall I was really excited about was the donut stall. Lisa aka Vegan Noman Chick has been selling her donuts in Glasgow and Edinburgh for a while now, and this was the first time I'd been able to get any. She posted online asking people to take their own container if they wanted more than one, so I filled mine with 1 cinnamon, 1 biscofff one and 2 chocolate donuts. She later said she sold all her donuts by 1.30pm, so it's lucky we were there early enough to get some.


There were lots of other stalls selling great food, but in a bid to be a bit healthier this month, I didn't think I needed to buy something at each one. However that doesn't mean I won't be stocking up on their food at next month's fete. And if you haven't been this monthly even yet, then you should get yourself along to the next one. I'd just make sure you arrive early so you get a chance to buy everything you want.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment