Vegan Adventures - London Edition

on
Friday 20 May 2016
Our first stop of the vegan food trail was Mildreds in Soho. The restaurant, which opened in 1988, serves some of the best vegetarian and vegan food in London. I opted for the smoked tofu, lentil and piquillo pepper burger with chips, and it was easily the tastiest vegan burger I've ever had. My mum picked the fennel and sun blushed tomato sausages which were also delicious.


You can't go to a vegan restaurant and not have a cake, so I picked for the Jamaican banana and date pudding with rum raisins, rum butter sauce and coconut whipped cream. I devoured the whole thing within about a minute because it was just incredible. Whoever said eating vegan food was boring has clearly never tasted cake like this.


On Saturday, we headed to Tibits for lunch. It's a vegetarian and vegan buffet style restaurant where you pay for the wait of your plate. They had a huge selection of foods, so I piled my plate with lots including sweet potato curry, falafel, rice, salad, noodles and spiced wedges. The lighting inside wasn't ideal, so these aren't exactly the best photos. They had a few desserts to pick from too, so I went for sticky toffee pudding with vegan cream, mango mousse and strawberries.



On Saturday night, we went to Cybercandy in Convent Garden. I've been going to this shop before all the American candy shops started appearing all over the place. There's not a huge amount of food I can eat here anymore, but I did find the most amazing Oreos EVER!!


We also found Yorica! on Saturday night. It's a new completely vegan ice cream and frozen yoghurt shop. I picked the biggest tub with cookies and cream, chocolate beetroot and butter ice cream with caramel sauce and sprinkles. The shop was fairly small but really busy, so I guess the word is spreading that vegan ice cream is the way to go.


On Sunday, we headed to spent the morning at the British Museum before going to Spitalfields where we discovered Rubys of London and bought some baked donuts. They were delicious, so I'd definitely recommend visiting Ruby's stall if you're in the area. The stall also had a selection of cupcakes, cookies and bigger cakes that all look really tasty.


On Sunday afternoon, we did the tourist thing before heading back to Tibits for dinner. I had another great plate of food including a spicy sausage casserole and raspberry cheesecake.




So that was pretty much all the vegan food I ate in London.

Over and Out!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment